A smoke curtain is a device that controls the movement of smoke during a fire by directing the smoke towards mechanical or natural ventilation points. Traditionally smoke curtains have been used as an integral part of a naturally ventilated building however smoke curtains are proving to be a cost effective solution in conjunction with mechanical ventilation.
The SmokeStop® Active Smoke Barrier is an automatic smoke curtain which comprises of technologically advanced fire-resistant fabric roller barriers encased in a compact steel housing.
The SmokeStop® product remains invisibly retracted until activated by an alarm or detector signal, at which time they descend safely to their operational position. Optionally side guides can be incorporated in the design to minimise the potential for smoke mitigation.
SmokeStop™ Smoke Curtains are designed as barriers to prevent the spread of smoke in accordance with BS EN 12101-01:2005+A1:2005, are CE Marked and classified as either DH60 or D600A.
• Small lightweight headboxing
• Allows for uninterrupted ceiling heights. No drop down bulkheads or fixed glass smoke baffles
• Creates open spaces and increases yield of workable/chargeable floor space
• Is true Fail-Safe by gravity which means it will work when required
• Ease of service and maintenance
• Atria – Mitigate the spread of smoke to multiple floors
• Corridors – Keep smoke near the fire source to remain hot and buoyant
• Stairs & Escalators – Stop the spread of smoke through these openings
• Shopping Centres – Smoke baffles and smoke channelling screens