FireMaster® NVS™ Horizontal is an active curtain barrier assembly that acts as a fire separating element in the horizontal (non-vertical) plane. It comprises technologically advanced fire-resistant fabric fixed and tensioned between rollers mounted at either end of an opening. The rollers are enclosed in a compact steel housing. The leading edge of the curtain fabric has a special pre-tensioned support bar spanning the opening which runs in the side channels where the curtain fabric is retained. The barrier is driven by tubular motors to the closed and open positions.
The barriers remain invisibly retracted in an opening until activated by an alarm or detector signal. Once activated by the fire detection system the barrier closes the opening horizontally. During the closing sequence in an opening (floor or ceiling) smoke migration is limited. When fully closed it controls the spread of fire. FireMaster® NVS™ Horizontal is designed to prevent the spread of fire in accordance with AS1530.4.
• Allows for designs to create openings in floors within a building
• Can remove the requirement for atrium provisions from the building code
• Reduced cost when compared to vertical fire curtains if the void opening spans many floors
• Clear unobstructed void without support wires
• Closes with mains or emergency power using low voltage drive system
• Atria – Where there are more than 2 interconnected floors or the floor area exceeds 2,000m2
• Ceilings – Protect holes in ceilings or other ceiling features such as heritage glass
• Stairs & Escalators – Remove fire-rated walls, doors or shutters