The FireMaster®Plus2 NVS™ Horizontal fire curtain provides the same function and benefits as the FireMaster® NVS™ Horizontal with the added performance of creating an insulating zone. You would use the FireMaster®Plus2 NVS™ Horizontal where you need to protect means of escape of if there is close proximity of combustible items.
It remains concealed usually within the ceiling or floor space and is activated from the fire detection system and horizontally closes automatically. At this time they close the opening in the floor or ceiling safely where they stop and control the spread of fire & smoke in a building as well as reducing the heat transfer through to the non-fire side to below 100°C.
• Allows for designs to create openings in floors within a building
• Can remove the requirement for atrium provisions from the building code
• Reduced cost when compared to vertical fire curtains if the void opening spans many floors
• Clear unobstructed void without support wires
• Closes with mains or emergency power using low voltage drive system
• Atria – Where there are more than 2 interconnected floors or the floor area exceeds 2,000m2
• Ceilings – Protect holes in ceilings or other ceiling features such as heritage glass
• Stairs & Escalators – Remove fire-rated walls, doors or shutters
• Means of Escape create escape paths in fire mode only