The FireMaster® is an uninsulated active fire curtain barrier that vertically protects openings in fire rated walls or can be used to completely replace non-load bearing fire rated walls. To protect means of escape or where there are combustibles in close proximity see FireMaster® Plus2.
Each fire curtain comprises of technologically advanced fire-resistant fabric roller barriers encased in a compact steel housing. Curtains remain invisibly retracted until activated by an alarm or detector signal, at which time they descend safely to their operational position.
To be regulation compliant and to be fully Fit For Purpose they must be protected by total power failure Gravity Fail-Safe. Fire curtains will STOP and CONTROL the spread of fire in a building. FireMaster™ Fire Curtains are designed as barriers to prevent the spread of fire in accordance with AS1530.4 and AS1905.2.
• Small lightweight headboxing
• Can fire protect very large open spaces without the need to heavy structural supports
• Can easily retrofit into heritage buildings
• Is true Fail-Safe by gravity which means it will work when required
• Patented TOTAL fail-safe by gravity which means it will work when required
• Ease of service and maintenance
• Atria – Where there are more than 2 interconnected floors or the floor area exceeds 2,000m2
• Shop Fronts – No need for expensive fire-rated glass
• Stairs & Escalators – Remove fire-rated walls, doors or shutters
• Boundary Protection – Eliminate fire spread to other buildings