FireMaster® Concertina™ is a fire curtain that protects WITHOUT the need for CORNER POSTS giving architects, consultants and specifiers a whole new way to approach buildings design. The FireMaster® Concertina™ offers 2 hour fire integrity using our revolutionary, tested folding system which can form almost any shape. The complete assembly of our FireMaster® Concertina™ remains concealed in the ceiling space until it is required to deploy in a fire event. Need reduced irradiance or insulation – see FireMaster® Plus Concertina.
FireMaster® Concertina™ Fire Curtains are designed as barriers to prevent the spread of fire in accordance with AS1530.4. Installing a large FireMaster® Concertina™ Fire Curtain to replace a non-load bearing wall opens up exciting design possibilities for architects and construction engineers. Fire curtains are designed to activate upon receipt of a signal from either a fire alarm system or locally positioned detector.
• Do not require any visible support posts at the corners
• Have unlimited spans and drops of 6m* with a small lightweight housing
• Can be installed as a polygon, triangle, ‘L’ shaped right angles, curves, ‘Z’ shapes or even in a complete circle. Almost any other shape you may desire
• Act as a fire separating element within the building design to prevent the passage of smoke, heat, superheated gases and fire for a predetermined period of time
• Atrium – Instead of fire rated glass
• Stairwell / Escalator – Alternative to non-load bearing walls/p>
• They are used extensively as part of a fire engineered solution in commercial and industrial applications such as airports, shopping centres, and offices where the need for maintaining open areas for access is vital.