FireMaster® Plus Concertina™ would be used in preference to the standard FireMaster® Concertina™ where an insulated barrier is preferred or required. The unique Plus fabric provides significantly lower irradiance (approximately 4 times less) through the fire curtain barrier and is a preferred option in areas where there is expected to be egress or combustibles in close proximity to the fire curtain location.
The full benefits of the FireMaster® Concertina™ are achieved with the Plus model. The corners are still required to be formed using the standard FireMaster fabric.
• Do not require any visible support posts at the corners
• Have unlimited spans and drops of 6m* with a small lightweight housing
• Can be installed as a polygon, triangle, ‘L’ shaped right angles, curves, ‘Z’ shapes or even in a complete circle. Almost any other shape you may desire
• Act as a fire separating element within the building design to prevent the passage of smoke, heat, superheated gases and fire for a predetermined period of time
• Atrium – Instead of fire rated glass
• Stairwell / Escalator – Alternative to non-load bearing walls
• They are used extensively as part of a fire engineered solution in commercial and industrial applications such as airports, shopping centres, and offices where the need for maintaining open areas for access is vital.